Revision as of 12:57, 20 June 2017 by KevinYager
Tutorials on other sites
- Detlef-M. Smilgies's GISAXS tutorial: An excellent and well-referenced introduction to the basic concepts inherent to GISAXS.
- gisaxs.de: Brief introduction to the theory of GISAXS.
- IsGISAXS Manual: Provides a complete description (including equations) of the GISAXS theory required to model data.
- A Basic Introduction to Grazing Incidence Small-Angle X-Ray Scattering P. Müller-Buschbaum DOI 10.1007/978-3-540-95968-7 (Chapter 3 in Applications of Synchrotron Light to Scattering and Diffraction in Materials and Life Sciences)
- Probing surface and interface morphology with Grazing Incidence Small Angle X-Ray Scattering Gilles Renaud, Rémi Lazzari, Frédéric Leroy, Surface Science Reports 2009, 64 (8), 255-380. doi: 10.1016/j.surfrep.2009.07.002
- Dynamics in thin films studied with nuclear resonant scattering of synchrotron radiation Mag. Marcel Sladecek, March 2005.
SAXS and SANS
- NCNR SANS Tutorial
- Looking at nothing: A weblog about small-angle scattering
- X-Ray Protein Crystallography
- A. A. Pinkerton Why crystal structure analysis works: a one-dimensional crystallography teaching tool J. Appl. Cryst. 2015, 48, 901-905. doi: 10.1107/S1600576715007116
- CrystalWalk: Interactive web-demo allowing crystal unit cells to be explored.
- Online Dictionary of Crystallography: Provides definitions to many terms relevant to scattering.
- XRD resource page: Provides links to many resources for XRD and crystallography.
Tables and Data
- X-ray data booklet: Tabulates fundamental properties of x-ray interactions with matter; also provides useful equations.
- X-ray elements: Periodic table of x-ray properties.
- CXRO LBL x-ray interactions page: A simple web-tool for calculating the properties of x-ray interactions.
- CHESS x-ray properties
- NIST X-ray Database: Tabulation of Atomic Form Factors, Photoelectric Absorption and Scattering Cross Section, and Mass Attenuation Coefficients for Z = 1-92 from E = 1-10 eV to E = 0.4-1.0 MeV
- X-ray absorption edges: Periodic table of edges.
- Materials database: Searchable database for XRD of minerals.
- Reevaluation of X-Ray Atomic Energy Levels J. A. BEARDEN and A. F. BURR Rev. Mod. Phys. 39, 125–142 (1967) DOI: 10.1103/RevModPhys.39.125
- Core-level binding energies in metals John C. Fuggle and Nils Mårtensson Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena Volume 21, Issue 3, 1980, Pages 275-281 doi: 10.1016/0368-2048(80)85056-0
- Neutron data booklet: Tabulates fundamental properties of neutron interactions with matter; also provides useful equations.
- SLD calculator: NIST Center for Neutron Research calculator for predicting the neutron Scattering Length Density (SLD) for materials.
See the Software page for a complete list of available software packages.